What will happen to this world if we do not have people who love to cook and experiment with their food? People like me, who cannot cook to save their life, however are die hard foodies, would always be thankful to people like Poonam Batra and Gaytri Vyas, who have very kindly shared their recipes with us.
Poonam Batra shares this recipe for Veg Lasgna, with healthy option thrown in too.
Mixed Chopped Vegetables (Beans, Carrots, Peas) 2 cups
Zucchini 1Cup – Chopped
Cottage Cheese 1 Cup
Onion 1 Piece – Chopped
Salt to taste
Olive oil to Sauté the vegetables
Tomatoes 1 Kg
Sugar 3 tsp
Chilly Powder 1/2 tsp
Fresh Cream 3 tbsp
Salt to taste
White sauce 1 1/2 cup
Fresh cream 3 tbsp
Cheese 6 tbsp
Salt and Pepper
Ready Made Lasagna sheets 10 no.s
Boil the sheets in water with few drops of oil. Drain and keep it on a greased dish.
Sauté onions till pink. Add vegetables and cook partially. Add zucchini; make sure they are not very soft. Add the seasoning.
Blanch the tomatoes, Peel the skin and mash. Mix everything except the cream and boil to make sauce. Add cream in the end. For healthy variation, skip cream and add milk instead. Keep aside.
Mix cream and grated cheese with the white sauce. For healthy variation, add grated cottage cheese and skip cream n cheese all together.
Grease a baking dish. Line it with sauce and layer it alternatively with Lasagna sheets, vegetables and sauce. The top layer should be of the sheets. Cover with white sauce and bake till done.
Gaytri Vyas shares recipe for White Sauce Pasta.
1. 2 tbsp. butter
2. 2 cups milk
3. 1 and a half cup full cream milk
4. 1 cup boiled pasta of your choice
5. 1 small tbsp. all purpose flour (maida)
6. Mushroom thinly sliced
7. 3 processed cheese cubes or more if you prefer
8. Black pepper
9. Salt to taste
10. Oregano for flavor
1. In a pan add 1 tbsp. butter, and sauté the sliced mushrooms till they are brown and
keep them aside.
2. In another pan, add butter, flour, roast flour so that it cooks but make sure it doesn’t get
3. Add milk to it and stir continuously so as to avoid lumps.
4. Let it heat a little and add cheese cubes in it after grating it or cutting in small pieces
so that it melts easily.
5. Now cook it until it comes to a boil.
6. Add pasta, and cooked mushrooms.
7. Bring it to a boil and you will notice that the sauce gets thicker.
8. Add salt and pepper to taste (do not add before as the milk may curdle)
9. Add roasted oregano on the top and enjoy with your loved ones.
1. You can add other vegetables also of your choice.
2. I’ve cooked it without flour but then it is not that thick.
3. Put off the flame when the sauce is not that thick. It becomes thicker while you eat it.
4. Domino’s oregano tastes best as the topping.
5. This sauce can also be cooked with only vegetables, which also taste yummy.
Again friends, no one claims to be an expert here, and we all are together just for love of food. So go ahead and try these out, I am sure you would have a good time. Feel free to post your inputs, feedback or changes to these recipes in the comments.